I made this tonight and it tasted so good that I couldn't believe I made it! It didn't thicken up after adding the broth, so I ended up adding some corn starch. I also didn't add the wine or thyme, but that's just personal preference. This is one I will definitely be making again and again.
Fettuccine with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Any variety of mushroom will work in this creamy vegetarian pasta sauce, but we particularly like a combination of shiitake, oyster and cremini. Adding a few wild varieties, such as chanterelle or lobster mushrooms, will make the sauce extra-special.
5 Reviews for Fettuccine with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
This came out really good! I cooked some grilled chicken for the side, which complimented the creamy mushroom sauce. Also, I used fat free half and half to shave off some fat & calories..followed everything else to the T...came out awesome!
I selected this recipe for the sauce only. I was making a recipe from another site called Cheesy Chicken Meatballs, and it needed a sauce. I didn't want a typical tomato sauce, so I searched this site and found this recipe. The sauce was exactly what I wanted for the meatballs. It was fast, easy and absolutely delicious. One of these days I'll try it with the pasta.
My husband and I are always looking for easy pasta recipes. The sauce for this dish is delish! Being a vegetarian style dish is a plus. I definitely can't wait to make this again.
This is so easy to make and tastes fantastic. It made my house smell fantastic too. I made it for dinner tonight and my boyfriend who isn't fond of mushrooms really liked it. It has a nice subtle flavor that isn't overwhelming.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)