Feta & Cucumber Nip
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Crunchy pita chips make the perfect base for this ultra-quick olive, cucumber and feta appetizer. If you can’t find baby cucumber, cut a regular cucumber into thin slices that are approximately the same size as your pita chips.
- 1/4 cup prepared olive tapenade
- 24 pita chips or thin slices baguette, toasted
- 48 very thin slices baby cucumber
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into 48 cubes (1/2-inch)
- 3 thinly sliced lemon rounds, cut into eighths, plus 2 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon olive tapenade on each pita chip (or baguette slice). Top with 2 cucumber slices, 2 feta cubes and a lemon sliver. Just before serving, drizzle with oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Per piece: 42 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2011