Feta & Cucumber Nip
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Crunchy pita chips make the perfect base for this ultra-quick olive, cucumber and feta appetizer. If you can’t find baby cucumber, cut a regular cucumber into thin slices that are approximately the same size as your pita chips.
- 1/4 cup prepared olive tapenade
- 24 pita chips or thin slices baguette, toasted
- 48 very thin slices baby cucumber
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into 48 cubes (1/2-inch)
- 3 thinly sliced lemon rounds, cut into eighths, plus 2 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon olive tapenade on each pita chip (or baguette slice). Top with 2 cucumber slices, 2 feta cubes and a lemon sliver. Just before serving, drizzle with oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Per piece: 42 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2011