Feta & Cucumber Nip
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Crunchy pita chips make the perfect base for this ultra-quick olive, cucumber and feta appetizer. If you can’t find baby cucumber, cut a regular cucumber into thin slices that are approximately the same size as your pita chips.
- 1/4 cup prepared olive tapenade
- 24 pita chips or thin slices baguette, toasted
- 48 very thin slices baby cucumber
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into 48 cubes (1/2-inch)
- 3 thinly sliced lemon rounds, cut into eighths, plus 2 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon olive tapenade on each pita chip (or baguette slice). Top with 2 cucumber slices, 2 feta cubes and a lemon sliver. Just before serving, drizzle with oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Per piece: 42 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2011