Feta & Cucumber Nip
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Crunchy pita chips make the perfect base for this ultra-quick olive, cucumber and feta appetizer. If you can’t find baby cucumber, cut a regular cucumber into thin slices that are approximately the same size as your pita chips.
- 1/4 cup prepared olive tapenade
- 24 pita chips or thin slices baguette, toasted
- 48 very thin slices baby cucumber
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into 48 cubes (1/2-inch)
- 3 thinly sliced lemon rounds, cut into eighths, plus 2 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon olive tapenade on each pita chip (or baguette slice). Top with 2 cucumber slices, 2 feta cubes and a lemon sliver. Just before serving, drizzle with oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Per piece: 42 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2011