A friend made this salad for an outing last summer and I've thought about it ever since, so was delighted to find the recipe. It is so different and just delicious. We've made it with radishes instead of jicama, and cilantro, and I think adding a little bit of orange zest to the oil and lime juice adds an extra level of flavor.
Fennel & Orange Salad with Toasted Pistachios
From EatingWell: February/March 2005
For this elegant salad, sweet-tasting fennel bulbs are thinly sliced and tossed with salty toasted pistachios, sweet oranges and tangy lime juice. Jícama or radishes add another layer of texture and earthy flavor.
3 Reviews for Fennel & Orange Salad with Toasted Pistachios
I made this salad with jicama instead of radishes; the first time with cilantro and the second time, with fresh mint. Go with the mint - it's incredible! IMO, the cilantro was overpowering and tasted like dirt.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)