Fattoush with Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy Lebanese-inspired fattoush salad recipe, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes are tossed with a yogurt dressing and topped with pita chips and feta cheese. Serve with Mediterranean grilled lamb chops or chicken.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broken pita chips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, oregano and pepper in a large bowl. Mash garlic and salt together with the side of a chef’s knife. Add the paste to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve topped with pita chips and feta.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 135 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 335 mg sodium; 355 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (90% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Middle Eastern
- March/April 2014