Fattoush with Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy Lebanese-inspired fattoush salad recipe, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes are tossed with a yogurt dressing and topped with pita chips and feta cheese. Serve with Mediterranean grilled lamb chops or chicken.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broken pita chips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, oregano and pepper in a large bowl. Mash garlic and salt together with the side of a chef’s knife. Add the paste to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve topped with pita chips and feta.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 135 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 335 mg sodium; 355 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (90% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014