Fattoush with Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy Lebanese-inspired fattoush salad recipe, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes are tossed with a yogurt dressing and topped with pita chips and feta cheese. Serve with Mediterranean grilled lamb chops or chicken.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broken pita chips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, oregano and pepper in a large bowl. Mash garlic and salt together with the side of a chef’s knife. Add the paste to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve topped with pita chips and feta.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 135 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 335 mg sodium; 355 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (90% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014