Fattoush with Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy Lebanese-inspired fattoush salad recipe, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes are tossed with a yogurt dressing and topped with pita chips and feta cheese. Serve with Mediterranean grilled lamb chops or chicken.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broken pita chips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, oregano and pepper in a large bowl. Mash garlic and salt together with the side of a chef’s knife. Add the paste to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve topped with pita chips and feta.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 135 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 335 mg sodium; 355 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (90% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014