Fattoush with Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy Lebanese-inspired fattoush salad recipe, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes are tossed with a yogurt dressing and topped with pita chips and feta cheese. Serve with Mediterranean grilled lamb chops or chicken.
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broken pita chips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, oregano and pepper in a large bowl. Mash garlic and salt together with the side of a chef’s knife. Add the paste to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve topped with pita chips and feta.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 135 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 335 mg sodium; 355 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (90% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014