Fat-Free Tomato-Herb Dressing
This fat-free tomato-herb dressing is fitting for a catch-all tossed salad of crisp lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, peppers and tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup tomato or V8 juice, (6-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup red-wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, or scallions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of dried savory, or oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together juice, vinegar, parsley, chives (or scallions), garlic, salt, savory (or oregano), sugar, cayenne and pepper in a bowl until well blended. (Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a jar, secure lid and shake until blended.) Remove the garlic clove before serving.
Per tablespoon: 6 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 162 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique