Fat-Free Tomato-Herb Dressing
This fat-free tomato-herb dressing is fitting for a catch-all tossed salad of crisp lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, peppers and tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup tomato or V8 juice, (6-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup red-wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, or scallions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of dried savory, or oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together juice, vinegar, parsley, chives (or scallions), garlic, salt, savory (or oregano), sugar, cayenne and pepper in a bowl until well blended. (Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a jar, secure lid and shake until blended.) Remove the garlic clove before serving.
Per tablespoon: 6 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 162 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique