Fat-Free Tomato-Herb Dressing
This fat-free tomato-herb dressing is fitting for a catch-all tossed salad of crisp lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, peppers and tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup tomato or V8 juice, (6-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup red-wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, or scallions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of dried savory, or oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together juice, vinegar, parsley, chives (or scallions), garlic, salt, savory (or oregano), sugar, cayenne and pepper in a bowl until well blended. (Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a jar, secure lid and shake until blended.) Remove the garlic clove before serving.
Per tablespoon: 6 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 162 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique