Fat-Free Tomato-Herb Dressing
This fat-free tomato-herb dressing is fitting for a catch-all tossed salad of crisp lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, peppers and tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup tomato or V8 juice, (6-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup red-wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, or scallions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of dried savory, or oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cayenne
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together juice, vinegar, parsley, chives (or scallions), garlic, salt, savory (or oregano), sugar, cayenne and pepper in a bowl until well blended. (Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a jar, secure lid and shake until blended.) Remove the garlic clove before serving.
Per tablespoon: 6 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 162 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique