Fast & Fresh Strawberry Jam
From EatingWell: May/June 1997
This quick and easy jam will surely become a summer staple when plump strawberries are in season.
- 2 pints ripe strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1 3/4-ounce package powdered pectin
- Crush berries in a large bowl with a potato masher. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Let stand until very juicy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine water and pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil, stirring, for 1 minute. Very gradually stir into strawberry mixture. Stir for 3 minutes, dissolving any lumps.
- Spoon jam into five 8-ounce sterilized jelly jars, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Wipe rims clean, place lids on jars and screw bands on firmly. Let stand until set, not more than 24 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The jam will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months
Per tablespoon: 16 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1997