Wonderful side dish and easy to make. Recommend half liquid be chicken broth. Pecans are good sub if you don't have pistachios. Recipe says for 10 but I find it easily serves more. Good with any meat (ham, pork, beef) or roasted chicken. Always a big hit. Leftovers? add black beans.
Farro with Pistachios & Herbs
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Here we stir fresh parsley and crunchy pistachios into farro for a simple side dish. Serve this simple grain right in the same dish with a rich stew. The nutty flavors of farro and pistachios are the perfect complement to the rich broth of the stew.
2 Reviews for Farro with Pistachios & Herbs
Made this tonight for supper and really enjoyed it! And my husband LOVED it! It is the first time I have cooked with farro and really liked it. The texture and chewiness is great and the pistachios add to the simple dish. I will definitely be making this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)