Delicious, it is spicy, but it was easy and yummy!
Ethiopian-Spiced Chicken Stew
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This spicy chicken stew, generously seasoned with the Ethiopian spice mix berbere, is loaded with tomato and red lentils. Depending on brand, berbere spice blend can be rather spicy. For a less spicy stew, start with 3 tablespoons spice blend rather than 5.
23 Reviews for Ethiopian-Spiced Chicken Stew
We are used to eating very hot spicey food. This is simply too HOT with 5 Tablespoons of berbere spice. It will need a lot of yogurt and rice to cool this down!
We are used to a lot of hot spice in our food having lived in the Middle East and Africa; this is far too hot for any palate and the 5Tablespoons of berbere spice should be cut WAY back. Then it will be very tastey.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)