I really liked this recipe. I changed it up a bit by adding 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar in place of the 2 tablespoons of rice-wine vinegar (which I didn't have), frying up 2 cloves of garlic until fragrant then adding the veggies in a little sesame oil and soy sauce and frying until tender and serving everything warm. It turned out very yummy but *very* spicy. I love spicy but this was a bit too much for even me. I would at least half the amount of crushed red pepper if you're not into very spicy food.
Elise's Sesame Noodles
Whole-wheat pasta bolsters fiber and nutrients in this popular Asian noodle salad. The recipe is from Annelise Stuart of Germantown, New York.
44 Reviews for Elise's Sesame Noodles
I added garlic and ginger paste to the dressing and it was delicious!
I'm quite picky when it comes to Asian cooking. I lived in Hawaii for years, and I suppose I have a biased palate. This did not live up to my expectations. It was good, but not delicious. We also cannot have anything with wheat, so I used rice noodles, like many Asian places do. The noodles cooked perfect, but I think the dish needed just a little something else. Not sure what cuz I'm not a professional chef. :)
Loved this dish. I added some chicken and peanuts as well. Very tasty!
My husband had three bowls, so I guess that says it all! :) I didn't find the sauce to be too salty, at all, but made a bit more to better coat the noodles. I had a partial bag of cole slaw in the fridge, bamboo shoots, and black mushrooms that I sauteed a bit in sesame oil and added to the mix. Delicious!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)