Loved this dish, the left overs were even better the next day. The couscous with the sauce tasted delicious. I will definitely make this again, next time I will add some carrots for a nice color contrast.
Egyptian Edamame Stew
A riff on the Egyptian classic ful medames, a highly seasoned fava bean mash, this version is made with easier-to-find edamame. Edamame (fresh green soybeans) have been shown to lower LDL cholesterol. They can be found shelled in the freezer section of well-stocked supermarkets. This stew is great served with couscous, bulgur or warm whole-wheat pita bread to soak up the sauce.
34 Reviews for Egyptian Edamame Stew
This is a great tasting meal that comes together quickly & easily! I increased the spices some, used parsley in place of cilantro & served over bulgur. Excellent!! My college freshman daughter ate some as leftovers & immediately requested the recipe. She prepared this as lunch for the 50 women in her scholarship hall...they loved it. Thanks from all of us!!
This is one of the best meals I've ever made. My husband & I couldn't stop eating it - even cold! Thank you!!!
Part-time Veg, Harrisburg, PA
I cooked this and ate it with couscous and ciabatta bread. It was delicious and didn't take too long to make!
Brennan, Baton Rouge, LA
This was everything I was hoping for, flavorful, healthy and my meat obsessed boyfriend ate it happily. It is very light fare, but it was very good. I will definately be making it again.
Aarika, Los Angeles, CA
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)