Hilary’s Heavenly Eggs for Two
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
This unusual combination of eggs braised in tomato sauce served on crusty bread is out of this world. Also try it over angel hair pasta. Serve with: Steamed broccolini.
3 Reviews for Hilary’s Heavenly Eggs for Two
What a neat idea of poaching the eggs in marinara sauce. This is a great pantry recipe--I had all of the ingredients on hand except for the basil. So I used fresh spinach instead (next time I'll try the basil). Also, it may sound weird, but it was great for lunch the next day too. I kept the bread separate and just reheated the egg & marinara mixture and served it with toast. It was really good!
Even the kids enjoyed this meal. A few warnings: Be sure to reduce the heat before adding marinara, or it will splatter. Also, eggs cooked for more than a few minutes will be cooked all the way through and the yokes won't be runny. Next time, I'm adding some shredded cheese to the top a minute before removing from the pan. Needs a little more flavor.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)