This dish sounded interesting...so I gave it a try. Followed the recipe except used cooked, chopped bacon instead of the pancetta and added it after the onion/garlic cooked. It was tasty, good flavor, we were a little disappointed that the eggs were so overpowered by the marinara. I would make it again, it's an easy to prepare supper.
Hilary’s Heavenly Eggs
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
This unusual combination of eggs braised in tomato sauce served on crusty bread is out of this world. Also try it over angel hair pasta. Serve with: Steamed broccolini.
11 Reviews for Hilary’s Heavenly Eggs
From the great reviews I expected more. I realize that its eggs but there was nothing very interesting about it. Just tasted like eggs with a jar of sauce on them. I added the pancetta and could not taste it. I think I will stick with Huevos Rancheros for my mid week egg meal.
My ex MIL made her Italian eggs like these, using beer, chopped tomato's, peppers & onions I use the cans of diced tomatoes with onions & garlic & add peppers. The beer really adds to the flavor. We like them with fried or hash brown potato's or pasta.
Smelled YUMMY while I was cooking it, it sounded so good when I read the recipe I knew I had to try it out right NOW! It's midnite ;)
I had no marinara but used a can of Italian flavored diced tomatoes, mmmmmmm. It's even a tiny bit sweet.
This will be a recipe I put in my recipe box and pass around to my older kids for their boxes. THANK YOU!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)