Green Eggs & Ham Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy bagel breakfast-sandwich recipe, with layers of ham, Swiss cheese, egg and spinach, is ready in just 5 minutes and can be wrapped up to eat on the go.
- 1 whole-wheat bagel (3 ounces), halved
- 1 slice low-sodium Swiss cheese
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Toast bagel. Place cheese and Canadian bacon on the bottom half. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg, spinach and pepper and cook, stirring, until set, about 1 minute. Place the egg mixture on the cheese and bacon. Top with the remaining bagel half. Cut in half to serve, if desired.
Per serving: 454 calories; 18 g fat (7 g sat, 8 g mono); 215 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 26 g protein; 8 g fiber; 783 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value), Magnesium (30% dv), Folate (26% dv), Zinc (25% dv), Calcium (29% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 medium fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2013