Green Eggs & Ham Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy bagel breakfast-sandwich recipe, with layers of ham, Swiss cheese, egg and spinach, is ready in just 5 minutes and can be wrapped up to eat on the go.
- 1 whole-wheat bagel (3 ounces), halved
- 1 slice low-sodium Swiss cheese
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Toast bagel. Place cheese and Canadian bacon on the bottom half. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg, spinach and pepper and cook, stirring, until set, about 1 minute. Place the egg mixture on the cheese and bacon. Top with the remaining bagel half. Cut in half to serve, if desired.
Per serving: 454 calories; 18 g fat (7 g sat, 8 g mono); 215 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 26 g protein; 8 g fiber; 783 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value), Magnesium (30% dv), Folate (26% dv), Zinc (25% dv), Calcium (29% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 medium fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- March/April 2013