Green Eggs & Ham Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy bagel breakfast-sandwich recipe, with layers of ham, Swiss cheese, egg and spinach, is ready in just 5 minutes and can be wrapped up to eat on the go.
- 1 whole-wheat bagel (3 ounces), halved
- 1 slice low-sodium Swiss cheese
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Toast bagel. Place cheese and Canadian bacon on the bottom half. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg, spinach and pepper and cook, stirring, until set, about 1 minute. Place the egg mixture on the cheese and bacon. Top with the remaining bagel half. Cut in half to serve, if desired.
Per serving: 454 calories; 18 g fat (7 g sat, 8 g mono); 215 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 26 g protein; 8 g fiber; 783 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value), Magnesium (30% dv), Folate (26% dv), Zinc (25% dv), Calcium (29% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 medium fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- March/April 2013