Green Eggs & Ham Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy bagel breakfast-sandwich recipe, with layers of ham, Swiss cheese, egg and spinach, is ready in just 5 minutes and can be wrapped up to eat on the go.
- 1 whole-wheat bagel (3 ounces), halved
- 1 slice low-sodium Swiss cheese
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Toast bagel. Place cheese and Canadian bacon on the bottom half. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg, spinach and pepper and cook, stirring, until set, about 1 minute. Place the egg mixture on the cheese and bacon. Top with the remaining bagel half. Cut in half to serve, if desired.
Per serving: 454 calories; 18 g fat (7 g sat, 8 g mono); 215 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 26 g protein; 8 g fiber; 783 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value), Magnesium (30% dv), Folate (26% dv), Zinc (25% dv), Calcium (29% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 medium fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2013