Green Eggs & Ham Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy bagel breakfast-sandwich recipe, with layers of ham, Swiss cheese, egg and spinach, is ready in just 5 minutes and can be wrapped up to eat on the go.
- 1 whole-wheat bagel (3 ounces), halved
- 1 slice low-sodium Swiss cheese
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Toast bagel. Place cheese and Canadian bacon on the bottom half. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg, spinach and pepper and cook, stirring, until set, about 1 minute. Place the egg mixture on the cheese and bacon. Top with the remaining bagel half. Cut in half to serve, if desired.
Per serving: 454 calories; 18 g fat (7 g sat, 8 g mono); 215 mg cholesterol; 50 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 26 g protein; 8 g fiber; 783 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (37% daily value), Magnesium (30% dv), Folate (26% dv), Zinc (25% dv), Calcium (29% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 medium fat meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2013