This recipe is delicious. It is earthy, rich and satisfying. We add basil and mint and enjoy both flavors in it. We make the stew in big batches and freeze it three cups at a time. I add capers, feta cheese and kalamata olives to the pasta when I mix it. These additions add a salty dimension.
Eggplant & Chickpea Baked Pasta
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Turn leftover Eggplant & Chickpea Stew into a comforting vegetarian baked-pasta dish. We love the taste of mint with the other Mediterranean flavors, but you can use parsley or basil if you prefer.
2 Reviews for Eggplant & Chickpea Baked Pasta
Like I said on the original recipe. This was terrible in it orignial form, but adding feta and mint didn't improve it. Maybe the basil would have helped pull it off, but everyone else in the family hated the mint and thought I was crazy for attempting to salvage the stew. They voted I throw it out. I sadly did after realizing that I would be the only one eating the enormous amount of leftovers for lunch for the next month and couldn't do it. It was a terrible waste of food.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)