From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Try this easy egg salad on your favorite multigrain bread or on top of lightly dressed salad greens.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion greens
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mash eggs in a small bowl with a fork. Stir in celery, mayonnaise, mustard, scallion greens and pepper until combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 173 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 424 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 0 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 165 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2009