From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Try this easy egg salad on your favorite multigrain bread or on top of lightly dressed salad greens.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion greens
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mash eggs in a small bowl with a fork. Stir in celery, mayonnaise, mustard, scallion greens and pepper until combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 173 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 424 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 0 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 165 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- March/April 2009