This was pretty good, I did like that it was fairly budget friendly and easy to make. The flavor was more acidic than I thought it would be so maybe that threw me off, so it tasted a bit sour to me, but not in a bad way. I used wheat lomein noodles but I don't think there was much difference. This does make a lot of food, i like that too.
Edamame Lo Mein
This is not the greasy Lo Mein of your favorite Chinese take-out, it tastes even better. Plus you get plenty of nutrients with the addition of edamame, a great vegetarian protein source. Make it a Meal: Fruit sorbet and sesame cookies are a perfect ending.
9 Reviews for Edamame Lo Mein
This is a great recipe! I addeed about a cup of Napa cabbage and cut the oil by half to make it a bit healthier. It still had that great lo mein taste, even without the extra oil. This is going to become part of my regular meal rotation!
This was really fantastic! I ended up adding about a cup of shredded Napa cabbage and decreased the oil by about half and it didn't seem to make a difference. I think it may have been a bit oily if I used all the oil. The added cabbage made it more like real lo mein. I'll definitely make this part of my regular meal rotation.
SO delicious! This tastes exactly like chinese take-out. At first, I wasant too sure about the oyster sauce dressing..but it blended so well with the scallions...it tasted great! My parents loved it and they always ask me to make it every week. Another great thing about this recipe is that if youre making it for 4 people, it makes A LOT. So, you will have a lot of leftovers, and the dish still tastes great the next day. Would reccomend this to anyone who loves traditional chinese take-out lo mein. :)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)