This recipe was great! I made it as written. It was so delicious that I definitely ate one too many waffles. Compared to my usual recipe that includes 1/2 a cup of oil, these tasted as good or better. Give them a try!
These healthy waffles are made from a blend of whole-wheat and regular flour plus nonfat buttermilk and canola oil. Top with fresh berries or sliced peaches and yogurt for a satisfying start to any day.
10 Reviews for EatingWell Waffles
No overloaded with fat like other waffles. I replaced sugar with 1 tbs agave syrup, added 1 tsp cinnamon (we are cinnamon lovers :), and baking depends definitely of your waffle maker power. Definitely to save this recipe for the future use.
I made these 100% whole wheat by using 1 cup of White Whole Wheat Flour, and 1 cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. They were light, crisp outside, and fluffy inside. Although they taste great, I won't say they're the best waffles I've ever had. After all, butter does add great flavor to waffle recipes. But as another reviewer called them, they're "clear conscience" waffles and fit into my nutrition goals. On my particular waffle iron, it was 6 minutes and not 5 to get those great crispy edges. I also got 5 waffles (round 7-inch), not 6.
I also substituted Whole Wheat Flour for the All Purpose Flour but I used White Whole Wheat. It is more finely milled and the bits of hull are very tiny. My diners could not believe they were eating Whole Wheat Waffles. I also substituted Splenda for the sugar and it worked well. This is a definite keeper recipe.
It was beautiful, and delicious i couldn't stop eating it I will keep eating it no matter what people say *^*
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)