Really delicious! I used canned diced tomatoes instead of plum tomatoes (about 2 heaping TBSP per plum tomato), and left out the mushrooms. I bet you could sneak a lot of other stuff into this recipe. I think spinach would be good! Great leftovers too.
EatingWell Sloppy Joes
Our updated Sloppy Joe takes lean ground beef and adds chopped cremini mushrooms and diced fresh plum tomatoes, all in a zesty sauce. Served on a whole-wheat bun, it's a hearty dinner sandwich that will please adults and kids alike.
34 Reviews for EatingWell Sloppy Joes
I used this meal for my nutrition class and they gobbled it right up! plus, i got an A! so thanks for improving my GPA i will definately be making this meal again, thanks!!
Adriana, Rio Rico, AZ
DEFINATELY leave out the vinegar. it was way too overpowering. But add a little bbq sauce on the bun and it's great!
Natalie, Mission Viejo, Ca
I was really excited to make this recipe. I bought fresh mushrooms, tomatoes and ... that's what I got. Tomatoes and mushrooms. In ketchup. Even though I substituted tomato puree for ketchup. Do the people that love this recipe ever cook? Not to put anyone down, because I tried this because I work 10-12 hour days and am looking for QUALITY recipes that are not junk. This was not it
Dave, Pensacola, FL
it was not ok my kids hated it so i put ok
destiny, brooklyn, ny
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)