This recipe goes in the keeper file. Packs great for lunch. My first attempt at a homemade creamy dressing, and I loved it. Love making homemade dressings over using store bought.
EatingWell Power Salad
Here's our take on a traditional chef's salad, which is anything but light fare when it's heaped with meats and cheeses. Our version keeps the satisfaction factor with lean turkey breast and reduced-fat Swiss cheese - and adds plenty of colorful vegetables to the mix.
4 Reviews for EatingWell Power Salad
Uhm duh, it's a chef salad with the meat included, you don't need any additional food after eating this.
Sodium is controlled through the meats, cheeses, and dressing.
This salad has way too much lettuce and not nearly enough dressing. Also, it's either too bulky or too low in calories. By the time you fill up on all that lettuce, you don't have sufficient room left over to eat even a small meal.
I hope, and assume, that most of the sodium content is due to the dressing...that can always be adjusted.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)