I made these yesterday for a potluck at my boyfriend's office. Delicious! I would have never thought of cottage cheese in deviled eggs, but it gave it a very creamy and fluffy texture. With the chives and just a hint of relish, deviled egg perfection!
EatingWell Deviled Eggs
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Deviled eggs are a perennial potluck favorite. Our recipe replaces some of the egg yolks with nonfat cottage cheese—keeping the filling velvety and rich while reducing some of the fat. No one will know the difference.
9 Reviews for EatingWell Deviled Eggs
I like to use fat free cream cheese and Dijon mustard with chives and just a hint of the relish...Can also add a bit of riccotta cheese if it is low fat...mix it with the fat free cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese. Never throw away perfectly good protein food (yolks) Just use later
Try fresh tarragon instead of the relish! Save some fresh leaves for a decorative garnish.
I can't believe I never thought of low fat cottage cheese as an ingredient! Wow! I'm going to go try these RIGHT NOW. And with the throw-away yolks I'm going to save them to mix with finely crumbled Turkey bacon or Morning Star fake bacon and fat free mayonaise to spread over crackers for lunch tomorrow! Yummmmmm!
Rather than discarding the 4 yolks, mix these just like the 'other' and refrigerate for a later quick snack spread on crackers or as a dip for toast tips. Great for 'lunching' at work, too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)