I don't really eat salmon, but I will be using this recipe from now on.
Easy Salmon Cakes
If you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3s, try this simple favorite. It is a great way to use convenient canned (or leftover) salmon. The tangy dill sauce provides a tart balance.
113 Reviews for Easy Salmon Cakes
I've made this recipe for a bunch of different occasions and I haven't met anyone who doesn't like it. It's simple and not too time consuming. Perfect for any setting!
I'll make some for my ramadhan tonite...thanks very much
Too many breadcrumbs in this recipe. I even added an extra egg and my cakes were having a hard time holding together. Final product was a little dry and crumbly.
Canned Salmon is too high in sodium for me, so I use generic frozen salmon instead -- reduces sodium portion from salmon from 285 to 40, a big change. Once the fish is thawed, I don't dice it, but shred it by hand in to little bits. Also, lower the bread crumbs as others have suggested to 3/4 cup -- a far better salmon/bread ratio.
Instead of Dijon mustard, I like the impact of spicy brown mustard instead. I once used "Mae Ploy" Thai Sweet Chili Sauce instead of the mustard, and that was a huge hit. If you go that route, nix the dill sauce and go with a tomato/pepper sauce instead. Awesome.
Also, I don't have the patience to dice the onion, so i use a coarse cheese grater and shred them. It doesn't work too well with celery, but the onion is very fine and mixes very well.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)