I made this recipe exactly as written and it turned out great. Very tasty, very easy to make. The real stand out was the creamy dill dressing that accompanies the recipe. Leftovers were made into a fish sandwich with dill sauce the next day.
Easy Salmon Cakes
If you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3s, try this simple favorite. It is a great way to use convenient canned (or leftover) salmon. The tangy dill sauce provides a tart balance.
114 Reviews for Easy Salmon Cakes
I ended up having to use 1/4 cup of egg whites and reduced the bread to 1 cup. As written, I definitely don't think there was enough moisture from just the one egg. Came out great, crunchy/crispy on the outside. I served it with the Green Goddess Sauce from this site.
Used Chicken of the Sea boneless, skinless salmon. Lovely texture, no "grey matter". Made sauce with low fat sour cream, out of yoghurt, but will try next time.
I doubled the recipe but felt it needed one more egg for the double batch. Probably depends on the bread crumbs, plus I used smaller eggs. This were still great warmed up in the microwave. Just added a squeeze of fresh lemon before adding a dollop of sauce.
I especially loved the sauce and felt the yogurt makes it even better. I'm considering baking up a batch and then freezing them, thinking they could be thawed in the microwave, then finished up in a skillet. Maybe mini ones on a toothpick with the sauce would make a good appetizer as well.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)