My husband and I adore this recipe (and I do recommend using only a cup of breadcrumbs). The creamy dill sauce makes it stellar. I'm going to make this a regular weeknight dinner.
Easy Salmon Cakes
If you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3s, try this simple favorite. It is a great way to use convenient canned (or leftover) salmon. The tangy dill sauce provides a tart balance.
113 Reviews for Easy Salmon Cakes
Sounds great and easy! I'm going to get right now and try this! Bernard
too much sodium
We LOVE this recipe. It's a regular on our menu. I do find it tedious to make and serve, but since I've started doing OAMC, I make it in double or triple batches, and freeze them in packs of four. Since the prep is already done, they cook up in no time - perfect for busy nights. I've also shared the recipe with my mom, who adores them just like we do. Everyone gets excited when I say it's salmon cakes for dinner!
Based on the comments so far I altered the recipe slightly: I used 15oz of salmon from a pouch so it was already boneless/skinless, substituted 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs for the 1 3/4 cups of whole wheat crumbs, added 1tbsp of light mayo and the juice of 1/2 lemon to the mixture (other ingredients as recipe directs). I then browned the patties for a few minutes on both sides before transferring them to a baking sheet then finishing them at 450 for 11-12 minutes - they were great! The dill sauce was a perfect topper, I substituted smart balance sour cream for the non-fat yogurt and it was delicious.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)