My husband and I make this at least once a week. We make it very budget-friendly by not using the fresh herbs (or dill sauce) and extra healthy by using quick-cooking oats instead of the bread crumbs and adding Swiss Chard to the veggie mixture. Last week, we even made it without an egg (because we were out) and just added 1 tablespoon of German mustard. Yum! We both agreed it was delicious and we'll make it that way from now on. Such a a wonderful, versatile recipe!
Easy Salmon Cakes
If you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3s, try this simple favorite. It is a great way to use convenient canned (or leftover) salmon. The tangy dill sauce provides a tart balance.
114 Reviews for Easy Salmon Cakes
we will makw it again
Great use of canned salmon. Creamy dill sauce could be used for other fish or chicken. I used light salad dressing because we don't like mayo. Still very tasty.
Very tasty! We all love the the creamy dill sauce and have used it with other fish. Like the others we have reduced the bread crumbs to 1 cup.
Where is creamy dill sauce to go with it???
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)