These baked salmon cakes are absolutely delicious, and taste as good as some fried fish cakes I've had at fish restaurants. I substituted chopped green pepper for the celery and used the specified amount of breadcrumbs as it extends the protein, and balances the strong fish flavor. They're so low in fat, though, that they fell apart; I think I'd add an extra egg next time. One of the best uses of canned salmon I've ever found!
Easy Salmon Cakes
If you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3s, try this simple favorite. It is a great way to use convenient canned (or leftover) salmon. The tangy dill sauce provides a tart balance.
114 Reviews for Easy Salmon Cakes
Cut the amount of bread crumbs to 1/2 cup, keep everything else the same amount of ingredients, use the creamy dill sauce and it will be fine. 1 3/4 cups of bread crumbs will give you fried bread balls.
Many thanks to my USA friends for some awesome menus
These were easy and delicious. They are a great dish for entertaining, too. They look very elegant and perfect to make ahead. I'm going to add something more for flavour next time - this is an easy recipe to adapt to your tastes. It's a dry dish and the sauce was essential. Maybe if I increase the veggies in it it will be more moist.
I would give the Salmon Cakes five stars...used parsley flakes rather than fresh. would make this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)