Yummy everyone in my family loved this! I added mushroom and chives. I doubled the recipe and did not feel the need to bake it after pan frying lightly in olive oil. Will make again and again!
Easy Salmon Cakes
If you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3s, try this simple favorite. It is a great way to use convenient canned (or leftover) salmon. The tangy dill sauce provides a tart balance.
114 Reviews for Easy Salmon Cakes
Excellent recipe for leftover salmon. I had 3/4 cup of salmon so cut the recipe in half which was perfect for 2 people. Used 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs and 1 egg. Also added a touch of salt. Saw no need to put it in the oven. Browned patties on both sides in a saute pan, and they were perfect. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
This recipe is true to its name-easy, simple, delicious and healthy! The creamy dill dressing was also a hit with my family. Had to go back and make more. We loved it!
I added a little grated carrots and red pepper. Yummy. My 6 and 4 year old kids loved it too. Also used spelt breadcrumbs but had to add a little regular breadcrumbs to make it stay together better.
I made my own bread crumbs using 3 1/2 slices of whole grain bread, and I didn't have any problems with it being too dry...probably ended up being about 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs total. I also added some cayenne pepper to zing it up and squeezed some fresh lemon juice on top before serving. Really delicious with the dill sauce (recommend adding more lemon, i.e. juice from 1 whole lemon, and more dill) and on top of mixed baby greens with a few fresh veggies.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)