Cut the amount of bread crumbs to 1/2 cup, keep everything else the same amount of ingredients, use the creamy dill sauce and it will be fine. 1 3/4 cups of bread crumbs will give you fried bread balls.
Easy Salmon Cakes
If you are trying to boost your intake of omega-3s, try this simple favorite. It is a great way to use convenient canned (or leftover) salmon. The tangy dill sauce provides a tart balance.
113 Reviews for Easy Salmon Cakes
Many thanks to my USA friends for some awesome menus
These were easy and delicious. They are a great dish for entertaining, too. They look very elegant and perfect to make ahead. I'm going to add something more for flavour next time - this is an easy recipe to adapt to your tastes. It's a dry dish and the sauce was essential. Maybe if I increase the veggies in it it will be more moist.
I would give the Salmon Cakes five stars...used parsley flakes rather than fresh. would make this again.
My husband and I really enjoyed the salmon cakes. We live in Southern California so we had leftover grilled salmon (we grill all year). I cut back to one cup of bread crumbs since I noticed that was a common thread in reviews. I also added a jalapeno pepper that was diced into very small pieces. When I mixed all the ingredients, the mixture would not hold together so I added an extra egg and it was the perfect texture.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)