Duck & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Leftover dark meats, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs, marry well with spicy chile-garlic sauce and lots of fresh ginger. Serve this savory stir-fry with steamed rice or Asian noodles.
- 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, or canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cups broccoli florets, (1 large head)
- 3 cups sliced bok choy, (3 stalks)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked dark poultry meat, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs
- Stir together chile-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and bok choy and stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add shiitakes and stir-fry until softened, about 1 minute. Add poultry meat and stir until heated through. Add the reserved chile-garlic sauce mixture and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce, a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar, is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian dishes. It can be found in the Asian section of large markets (sometimes labeled as chili-garlic sauce or paste) and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
- Boneless duck breast halves range widely in weight, from about 1/2 to 1 pound, depending on the breed of duck. They can be found in most supermarkets in the poultry or specialty-meat sections or online at mapleleaffarms.com or dartagnan.com.
Per serving: 224 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 62 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 3 g fiber; 320 mg sodium; 553 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (123% daily value), Vitamin A (114% dv), Folate (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Iron (17% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Poultry, other
- Preparation/ Technique