Duck & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Leftover dark meats, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs, marry well with spicy chile-garlic sauce and lots of fresh ginger. Serve this savory stir-fry with steamed rice or Asian noodles.
- 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, or canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cups broccoli florets, (1 large head)
- 3 cups sliced bok choy, (3 stalks)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked dark poultry meat, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs
- Stir together chile-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and bok choy and stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add shiitakes and stir-fry until softened, about 1 minute. Add poultry meat and stir until heated through. Add the reserved chile-garlic sauce mixture and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce, a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar, is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian dishes. It can be found in the Asian section of large markets (sometimes labeled as chili-garlic sauce or paste) and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
- Boneless duck breast halves range widely in weight, from about 1/2 to 1 pound, depending on the breed of duck. They can be found in most supermarkets in the poultry or specialty-meat sections or online at mapleleaffarms.com or dartagnan.com.
Per serving: 224 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 62 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 3 g fiber; 320 mg sodium; 553 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (123% daily value), Vitamin A (114% dv), Folate (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Iron (17% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Poultry, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry