Duck & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Leftover dark meats, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs, marry well with spicy chile-garlic sauce and lots of fresh ginger. Serve this savory stir-fry with steamed rice or Asian noodles.
- 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, or canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cups broccoli florets, (1 large head)
- 3 cups sliced bok choy, (3 stalks)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked dark poultry meat, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs
- Stir together chile-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and bok choy and stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add shiitakes and stir-fry until softened, about 1 minute. Add poultry meat and stir until heated through. Add the reserved chile-garlic sauce mixture and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce, a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar, is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian dishes. It can be found in the Asian section of large markets (sometimes labeled as chili-garlic sauce or paste) and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
- Boneless duck breast halves range widely in weight, from about 1/2 to 1 pound, depending on the breed of duck. They can be found in most supermarkets in the poultry or specialty-meat sections or online at mapleleaffarms.com or dartagnan.com.
Per serving: 224 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 62 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 3 g fiber; 320 mg sodium; 553 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (123% daily value), Vitamin A (114% dv), Folate (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Iron (17% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Poultry, other
- Preparation/ Technique