Duck & Vegetable Stir-Fry
Leftover dark meats, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs, marry well with spicy chile-garlic sauce and lots of fresh ginger. Serve this savory stir-fry with steamed rice or Asian noodles.
- 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, or canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cups broccoli florets, (1 large head)
- 3 cups sliced bok choy, (3 stalks)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked dark poultry meat, such as duck, goose or turkey thighs
- Stir together chile-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and bok choy and stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add shiitakes and stir-fry until softened, about 1 minute. Add poultry meat and stir until heated through. Add the reserved chile-garlic sauce mixture and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce, a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar, is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian dishes. It can be found in the Asian section of large markets (sometimes labeled as chili-garlic sauce or paste) and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
- Boneless duck breast halves range widely in weight, from about 1/2 to 1 pound, depending on the breed of duck. They can be found in most supermarkets in the poultry or specialty-meat sections or online at mapleleaffarms.com or dartagnan.com.
Per serving: 224 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 62 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 3 g fiber; 320 mg sodium; 553 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (123% daily value), Vitamin A (114% dv), Folate (22% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Iron (17% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Poultry, other
- Preparation/ Technique