Double-Ginger Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Punch up plain frozen yogurt with a double-hit of ginger.
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, (optional)
- Place frozen yogurt in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in crystallized and ground gingers. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with chocolate syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 129 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 68 mg sodium; 216 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1997