Double-Ginger Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Punch up plain frozen yogurt with a double-hit of ginger.
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, (optional)
- Place frozen yogurt in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in crystallized and ground gingers. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with chocolate syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 129 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 68 mg sodium; 216 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1997