Double-Ginger Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Punch up plain frozen yogurt with a double-hit of ginger.
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, (optional)
- Place frozen yogurt in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in crystallized and ground gingers. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with chocolate syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 129 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 68 mg sodium; 216 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- July/August 1997