Double Corn-Parmesan Biscotti
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Corn kernels and cornmeal give these savory biscotti a pleasant crunch. Fresh or frozen corn kernels work equally well.
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coarsely chop corn in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cheese, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and Tabasco in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mix until almost smooth. Add the chopped corn and mix well.
- Working on a floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs, each about 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick. Place the logs on a prepared baking sheet and bake until firm to the touch, 22 to 27 minutes. Transfer the logs to a rack to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°.
- Cut the logs diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stand the slices upright on the baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes. Let cool.
Per biscotti: 35 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 28 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- New Year's Eve
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992