Double Corn-Parmesan Biscotti
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Corn kernels and cornmeal give these savory biscotti a pleasant crunch. Fresh or frozen corn kernels work equally well.
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coarsely chop corn in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cheese, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and Tabasco in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mix until almost smooth. Add the chopped corn and mix well.
- Working on a floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs, each about 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick. Place the logs on a prepared baking sheet and bake until firm to the touch, 22 to 27 minutes. Transfer the logs to a rack to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°.
- Cut the logs diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stand the slices upright on the baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes. Let cool.
Per biscotti: 35 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 28 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- New Year's Eve
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992