From EatingWell: September/October 2009
This satisfying Middle Eastern wrap is full of dolmas and fresh vegetables. It makes a great take-along lunch if you pack the components separately.
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 whole-wheat lavash (see Note), or whole-wheat wrap
- 3 prepared dolmas (see Note)
- Combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, yogurt, feta and garlic powder in a small bowl. To serve, spread the lettuce-yogurt mixture on the lavash, top with dolmas and roll.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the lettuce-yogurt mixture for up to 1 day.
- Ingredient Note: Dolmas are stuffed grape leaves that are traditionally filled with chopped vegetables, grains and sometimes ground meat. Find prepared dolmas in cans or jars near other Middle Eastern ingredients and at some supermarket salad bars.
- Lavash is thin, Middle Eastern bread found near other wraps and tortillas. It’s a great alternative to flour tortillas for rolling sandwich ingredients into a wrap. Depending on the brand and size, one serving may be one whole bread or half of the bread—check the nutrition panel on the back of the package.
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if youâ€™re on the go. Thatâ€™s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.
Per serving: 384 calories; 4 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 12 mg cholesterol; 66 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 9 g fiber; 664 mg sodium; 360 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), Calcium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 low-fat milk, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2009