Most people probably don't normally have cake four available, but it did make for a nice light textured cookie. I doubt anyone had prune puree available, but they likely do have applesauce - which is what I swapped in this recipe and they came out perfect ... dough is more "batter" than "dough" ..even after refrigeration - so I was nervous about them spreading but they did not ... definitely worth a try .. I used the standard cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tblsp I think) and it made a little over 3 dozen.
Devil's Food Cookies
From EatingWell: September/October 1992
If these devilishly chocolaty cookies don't get gobbled the day they are baked, store them, well-wrapped, in the freezer.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)