From EatingWell: January/February 2011
A hard-boiled egg is a protein-packed snack on its own—give it a little more pizzazz with a bit of mayo and mustard on top.
- 1 teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 large hard-boiled egg (see Tip), peeled
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cut egg in half and dollop the mayonnaise mixture on top.
Tips & Notes
- To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 91 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 213 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 414 mg sodium; 68 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 medium fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 2011