From EatingWell: January/February 2011
A hard-boiled egg is a protein-packed snack on its own—give it a little more pizzazz with a bit of mayo and mustard on top.
- 1 teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 large hard-boiled egg (see Tip), peeled
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cut egg in half and dollop the mayonnaise mixture on top.
Tips & Notes
- To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 91 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 213 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 414 mg sodium; 68 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 medium fat meat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2011