From EatingWell: January/February 2011
A hard-boiled egg is a protein-packed snack on its own—give it a little more pizzazz with a bit of mayo and mustard on top.
- 1 teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 large hard-boiled egg (see Tip), peeled
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cut egg in half and dollop the mayonnaise mixture on top.
Tips & Notes
- To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Per serving: 91 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 213 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 414 mg sodium; 68 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 medium fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2011