From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Try experimenting with this basic recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins--like pickle relish, finely chopped red bell pepper or salsa--to the yolk mixture.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks, discarding half and putting the rest in a small bowl.
- Thoroughly mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, chives and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika. Arrange on a platter.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 46 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 111 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- July/August 1996