From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Try experimenting with this basic recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins--like pickle relish, finely chopped red bell pepper or salsa--to the yolk mixture.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks, discarding half and putting the rest in a small bowl.
- Thoroughly mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, chives and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika. Arrange on a platter.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 46 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 111 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- July/August 1996