From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Try experimenting with this basic recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins--like pickle relish, finely chopped red bell pepper or salsa--to the yolk mixture.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks, discarding half and putting the rest in a small bowl.
- Thoroughly mash the yolks with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, chives and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika. Arrange on a platter.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 46 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 111 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- July/August 1996