From EatingWell: January/February 1997
These sweet wontons are filled with walnuts and dates.
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 8 pitted dates
- 4 large walnut halves, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Put a large saucepan of water on to heat for poaching wontons.
- Lay out wonton wrappers on a work surface. Brush edges with water just to moisten. Place 1 date and 1 piece of walnut in the center of each wrapper. Bring the 4 corners together over the filling, pressing edges together to seal tightly. (You will form a dumpling that looks like a pouch.)
- Poach wontons in simmering water for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Place wontons on prepared baking sheet. Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over wontons. Bake until browned and crisp around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning.
Per serving: 119 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 92 mg sodium; 131 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 1997