Date Bran Jingle Balls
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
Trisha Kruse, an administrative assistant, created quick, easy, no-bake date-nut balls to fill that special niche in your holiday repertoire.
- 2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 3/4 cup whole pitted dates
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons brandy, orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts, date sugar, coconut or toasted wheat germ
- Place cereal, dates and pecans in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add honey, cream cheese and brandy (or orange liqueur or orange juice) and pulse until a stiff dough forms.
- Scoop tablespoon-size portions and shape with greased hands into balls. Roll each ball in chopped nuts (or date sugar or coconut or wheat germ). Place on wax paper. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving or storing.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container, separating balls with layers of wax paper, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Per cookie: 104 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 111 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Baked Goods, bars & cookies
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2007