I made this with regular almond milk. The almond milk gets to a porridge like consistency very fast. It only took 2 minutes! I only added one banana due to comments from people who didn't use any or thought the banana was too much. One very ripe banana worked perfectly. I normally buy my daughter dairy free puddings at the store, but I never think they are any good. I will take the time to make this for her when she wants pudding from now on!
Dairy-Free Banana Rice Pudding
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
This rice pudding is dairy-free, but the bananas and rice milk make it so creamy and rich-tasting, no one will know the difference.
7 Reviews for Dairy-Free Banana Rice Pudding
I started cooking the pudding, then read the comment of the bananas making it too sweet. Since I used vanilla soy milk that is already lightly sweetened, instead if rice milk, I tasted it as I went. My family agreed that it did not need the bananas at all. My daughter, who is dairy free loved it. :) The rest if us like it, too.
This looks so delicious! I can't wait to try it, and it is good to see some pointers. What a great recipe for anyone who is lactose intolerant. Has anyone tried it with soy milk? It's a bit cheaper than rice milk where I'm from. Also per serving this has little sugar making it good for diabetics or dieter's. Great desert! Thanks for posting.
I only included 1 mashed banana and I STILL thought it was a bit much. Additionally, I would cut back to 1/4 tsp cinnamon. I found that 1/2 tsp was too strong and almost bitter tasting. (Maybe it would've been better if I waited until Step 4 to stir the cinnamon in?) Otherwise a solid recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)